OpenCRVS includes all the features required to provide effective birth and death registration services in low resource settings, but we continue to develop and improve it in response to requests from the Community.
The functional architecture below highlights which functionality has already been built (in blue) and which is coming soon.
For a full breakdown of the functionality available by release, see the OpenCRVS Documentation.
High priority features that will be available in upcoming releases.
Marriage and divorce registration
Web portal for direct public access
Certified copies management
Integrated learning modules
Social protection interoperability
Priorities for the organisation
In the coming year we will build the evidence base for OpenCRVS as an impactful DPG for civil registration through reference implementations and capacity building across governments, system integrators and development partners.
- Strengthen and extend product functionality to support needs identified in reference implementations
- Provide technical assistance for selected reference implementations, with a focus on exploring service delivery models that will leave no-one behind
- Create an OpenCRVS demonstration environment that can be used by community members to explore the functionality of the product
- Continue to build an active OpenCRVS community, providing ample opportunity for inputs and feedback on the product
- Explore product contribution models with our SI community
- Run implementation training sessions for governments, system integrators and development partners
Research and Development
- Work with partners to explore and demonstrate value-add use cases through interoperability e.g. with MOSIP, Convergence, UNHCR